Aetna is one of our top health insurance companies, and we have been selling their individual products for close to 10 years. Aetna has an awesome network and a great pharmacy plan as they have their own mail order pharmacy. So Aetna is very much in the individual health insurance business and we greatly recommend their products in many situations.
Aetna can also be very pricey in some circumstances so make sure you compare their products to Cigna, Humana, United and so on before selecting them. They have some great buys in the catastrophic market and their value plans are great values. They are weak at the top of the market or their richer plans where the pricing does not always come in so well.
East Coast Health Insurance has been a staunch supporter of Aetna though for one main reason which is their underwriting. They will insure people no one else will at fair prices. We tend to send all of clients that take prescriptions to Aetna for this reason as well as their outstanding mail order pharmacy benefits.
Aetna and the Individual Health Insurance Market
Aetna Advantage Plus Plans for Individuals, Families and the Self-Employed are a division of Aetna Life Insurance Company, and is for the individual and families who are looking to save on health insurance for the past 150 years.
Selecting Your Plan
Aetna will help you look at more than just the price, but weigh the most important factors specific to your family. Finding a balance between affordability and the services you need will determine the perfect plan, where coverage meets budget.
Types of Aetna Advantage Plans
- Medical insurance plans cost you less and provide you with more coverage. For the most budget conscious individuals, there are Aetna Advantage Value Plans, which make your health insurance money go farther.
- High Deductible health insurance plans provide lower premiums, higher deductibles, and cover services like prescriptions, preventive care, doctor and hospital visits, and more. These plans can be linked to a Health Savings Account (HSA), which allows you to use money from a tax-advantaged account to pay for health costs. Your interest, withdrawals, and contributions are all tax-free.
- Preventive and Hospital Care plans provide basic coverage with the lowest premiums, including physical exams and preventive care, though the benefits are limited.
Benefits of Aetna
- Aetna offers a wide range of coverage for a very low cost. Their premiums are affordable and they have a top selection of providers.
- Immunizations for children, preventive care, doctor visits, and hospitalization are covered
- There is no need to fill out claim forms when using an in-network provider.
- Aetna’s provider network gives you a large variety of doctors and hospitals to choose from through the US.
1. Aetna, “Why Choose Aetna Health Insurance?”. http://healthinsurance.aetna.com/aetna/healthcare-insurance