Cigna has been a leader in health care for decades, and is an advocate for your health. They provide reasonably priced medical insurance coverage, with a wide variety of plans to choose from.
As brokers we are big fans of Cigna even though perhaps their commissions lag behind others. We are fans of Cigna because their plans include comprehensive coverage before the deductible, meaning that if you go to the ER you are likely to have just a copay as opposed to having to satisfy a deductible.
As for pricing, Cigna is competitive in only certain states and zip codes. In some states, I find myself scratching my head as to why they are there at all as their pricing is completely off base compared to other carriers. Some strong areas include Florida, California, and the Carolinas. Arizona tends to be a sore spot for them.
Cigna individual and family plans are available in the following states:
Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas. East Coast Health Insurance is licensed with Cigna in all of these states and you will find plans from Cigna on our quote engine in every state.
Individual Health Insurance for Less
Cigna offers many affordable options for individual health insurance coverage. There is a plan to fit the needs of practically every individual. Cigna has plans for the needs of individuals, families, the self-employed, early retirees, people between jobs, and students, so you can be sure to find the right plan for your lifestyle.
Some of Cigna’s plans and services include:
- Open Access Plus, a nationwide network with over 500,000 top health care providers and over 8,000 medical facilities and hospitals. Freedom to choose your own doctors and set your own appointment times with Cigna’s individual health insurance. There is no need for a referral, and there is always the option of seeing an in-network doctor and experience more savings.
- Allow everyone dental coverage on your health insurance plan. Select a dentist from one of 72,000 throughout the country in Cigna Dental Core Network or outside the network. In your coverage, various eligible services apply once you have met your deductible and fulfill any waiting period. These services include basic, restorative, and preventative.
- Individual assistance through the Cigna website guides you through the doctors and health care professionals in your network, paying your premium, access to your claims history, downloadable forms, the ability to print temporary ID cards, and more service features.
- 24/7 Call Center is available to help you at all hours with any questions through Cigna’s customer service.
- Cigna’s Health Information Line has skilled, qualified nurses available to answer medical inquiries at any time, as they are open 24/7.
Web tools to research prices and standards of hospitals, medications, and medical services.
- Cost-effective prescription medications provided through a retail pharmacy in the Cigna national Pharmacy Network, or sent in the mail through Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy.
- Health and wellness program discounts. Cigna offers discounted mind/body, vitamins, nutrition, weight management, fitness, alternative medicine, healthy lifestyle, and tobacco cessation products.