Colorado Medicaid Income Guidelines
Medicaid in Colorado is available to individuals, families, and children who are unable to afford health insurance due to lack of means. Aged, blind, and disabled persons are also able to receive Medicaid benefits if their income relies on Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or they otherwise qualify. The program is open to residents of Colorado who are national citizens or legal residents. Those who live in Colorado who do not meet citizenship requirements may be eligible for Emergency Medicaid.
With various programs and plans, Colorado Medicaid offers many benefits to its members for little or no cost depending on the service. Covered services include physician office visits, use of clinics and health centers, hospitalization, outpatient stays, and even vision and dental care. The following details the groups eligible for Medicaid in Colorado and the maximum amount of household income can be earned, relative to Federal Poverty Level (FPL).
Group Income (percent of FPL)
Child age 1-5 133%
Child age 6-19 100%
Parent (unemployed) 100%
Parent (employed) 106%
Childless Adult (unemployed) 10%
Childless Adult (employed) 20%
Pregnant Women 133%
Single Aged/Blind/Disabled 75%
Aged/Blind/Disabled Couple 83%
Other Eligible Groups
- Families who receive Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) benefits
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) beneficiaries
- Disabled individuals who no longer qualify for SSI benefits
- Low-income Medicare recipients
- Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB) program: Medicaid pays your Medicare monthly premium, deductibles, and coinsurance if your income is below the poverty level.
- Specified Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary (SLMB) program: Medicaid pays your monthly premiums only if your income is below 120% FPL.
- Medically Needy program: Medicaid for those who have high medical expenses that when subtracted from your income deem you eligible for Medicaid.
Federal Poverty Level 2012
Colorado Department of Health Care Policy & Financing (HCPF)
HCPF contact: 303-866-2993