Connecticut Medical Assistance Income Guidelines
The Connecticut Medicaid program, now provided by HUSKY Health, is available to individuals, families, and children with a low income and no insurance coverage. Additionally, elderly, blind, and disabled persons can receive Medicaid benefits if they receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI), or have income that meets the Medicaid guidelines. HUSKY Health is offered to residents of Connecticut who are U.S. citizens or legal residents. However, those who live in state and do not meet citizenship requirements may qualify for Emergency Medicaid.
Offering a variety of plans for the different qualifying groups, HUSKY provides many benefits to its members for free or a small copay. Covered services include physician office visits, inpatient hospital care, outpatient stays, as well as dental and vision care. The following shows the groups who qualify for Medicaid in Colorado and the maximum amount of household income can be earned, in relation to the current Federal Poverty Level (FPL).
Group Income (percent of FPL)
Child age 1-5 185%
Child age 6-19 185%
Parent (unemployed) 185%
Parent (employed) 191%
Childless Adult (unemployed) 56%
Childless Adult (employed) 72%
Pregnant Women 185%
Single Aged/Blind/Disabled 56% (Regions B and C); 68% (Region A)
*$1600 asset limit
Aged/Blind/Disabled Couple 56% (Regions B and C); 68% (Region A)
*$2400 asset limit
Other Eligible Groups
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) beneficiaries
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients
- Disabled individuals who are now ineligible for SSI benefits
- Qualified Medicare Beneficiaries (QMB): Medicare members with income at or below the federal poverty level. Medicaid will pay your premiums, coinsurance, and deductibles.
- Specified Low-Income Medicare Beneficiaries (SLMB): Medicaid pays your monthly premiums only if your income is below 120% FPL.
- Medically Needy: those with high medical bills that when deducted from income make a person eligible for Medicaid.
Federal Poverty Level 2012
Connecticut Medical Assistance Program Client Assistance (Medicaid Fee-for-Service): 866-404-8430